My eyes...one year later

 How has your year been?  Let me tell you about mine.  The last blog post I published was about an eye surgery that I was supposed to have December 3rd and 17th...see here: 

https://countryrican.blogspot.com/2020/11/december-17th.html

If you read the blog you will see I was concerned with the surgery not happening because of COVID and the medical system. It never once occurred to me that it would not happen because I would get COVID!

Yet, that is what happened.  On November 28th I tested positive for COVID 19. It was brutal.  I was sick for weeks. I called the surgeon and they said "let's postpone for 2 weeks." Two weeks later we did again.  And two weeks later we did it again.  My health was fine by mid January, but I had some long haul COVID symptoms that made me uneasy.  

The main issue was my heart rate.  It seemed to be fine but would unexp
ectedly shoot up for no reason.  Or even when it had a reason (like exercise) it would shoot up very quickly and without warning.  I would be jogging and one minute it was 95...102...110...164.  It would scare me.  I also had chest pais but they never came with the elevated heart rate.  My chest pains would happen while I was sitting o the couch watching tv, or at my desk at work, no rhyme or reason.  I start seeing a cardiologist and at this point it is February and I cannot take the time off work.  Eve if everything settled down I cannot afford to be blind in March in the greenhouse.  So the surgery gets postponed indefinitely.

It has been a year since my COVID infection. I have had every test the cardiologist could do.  He sees no heart defect.  He cannot explain why my heart rate is funky, he agrees it is odd and disconcerting, but he sees no heart disease and so he tells me to keep living my life as usual, and monitor it.  I call the eye surgeon again.

Here we go again.  This time it's December 2nd & 16th.  This time we are all double vaxxed and ready for it.  This time, my parents are double vaxxed and boostered and coming to be with me.  This time, I think it's actually going to happen!

I have not had chest pains in months, and my heart rate is funky when I run still, but I hear you do not get eye surgery while running so I think it will be fine.  There is a new variant: Omicron? We are just going to have to hope and pray it doesn't get to us before the 16th!  

My optometrist, who was the one who referred me to the Woolfson Eye Institute to begin with has a plan for me to get working eye glasses through it all.  We shall see.  Assuming it all goes well I will keep y'all posted to this adventure.  If another year goes by without a post...well, let's not even think of that. Here is a pretty picture of today's sunset instead:


  


Comments

  1. I pray all is well today. And I hope you had your eye surgery yesterday.
    Please keep up posted on your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last pregnancy update

Barefoot and pregnant

Pregnancy... baby blog